Our themes are:
“Natural Basingstoke” – protecting and promoting bio-diversity and nature conservation within our borough;
“Low Carbon Basingstoke” – practical steps to reduce CO2 emissions in the borough and tackle fuel poverty, e.g.:
- Energy conservation;
- Renewable energy;
- Sustainable transport;
- Carbon footprint reduction (individual and corporate);
- Reducing pollution.
“Resourceful Basingstoke” – improving awareness and use of local resources, e.g.:
- Resilience and skills;
- Recycling, re-using and reducing;
- Organic farming and permaculture;
- Water and wastewater;
- Tackling issues of consumption and consumerism.
“Habitable Basingstoke” – promoting plans to build sufficient sustainable housing in a pleasant environment for our children, e.g.:
- Low-consumption housing by design;
- Sustainable building materials;
- Natural health and wellbeing;
- Tackling litter, dumping and casual damage to environment;
- Education, culture and community towards a sustainable environment.
“Enterprising Basingstoke” – promoting public and private investment in, and use of, local schemes and enterprises to address all the above themes.