Hampshire Climate Action Network decided on Saturday to make June a clean air month, under the banner of BREATHE for better air, transport, health and environment.
Following the report from the Royal College of Physicians and the Government’s draft consultation on air quality, now is the time to let our politicians know that this matters to us. Please consider any – or all – of the following actions:
- Respond to the Government Air Quality consultation Tackling nitrogen dioxide in our towns and cities: A consultation before 15th June closing date
- After June 8th election, write to your new MP asking them to back BREATHE and take action on air pollution
- On 15th June, participate in the National Clean Air Day – see https://www.cleanairday.org.uk/ (They are encouraging people to do things in their workplace too – free toolkit at: https://www.cleanairday.org.
- If you’re a cyclist, please support National Bike Week 10-18th June – see http://bikeweek.org.uk/us/
- 24 June to 2 July is Friends of the Earth Week of Action on Clean Air (details yet to be announced as at 10/May)